Tuesday 6 February 2018

Piece of cake

Amsterdam - Meet the New* Flag (1975)
Amsterdam. Everyone's got an Amsterdam story; I'm no exception. However, this is, in all honesty, probably neither the time or the place to share it. Suffice it to say I lost two days of my life the last time I was in the Dutch capital. It was Scary Mary! In my defence, I was just a boy. Giving it all away.
But that was then. This is, well, now. And I'm currently booking a return visit. 'Is that sensible?' I hear you cry. "Can you be trusted?" Good questions both. To which I'd come back at you with "Of course it is" and "Hell, yeah." Well I would say that, wouldn't I? Let's hope my travelling companion thinks so too. More details to follow, I'm sure.

David Bowie - Amsterdam (1973 B-Side)


* Same as the old flag? Not quite - this is what it looked like pre-1975

4 comments:

  1. Back in October, before my life turned a bit upside down, I hopped across to Amsterdam for a few days with a friend. Great city and wrote about it in my blog. My third trip but very different from the one I made when I was 20! Enjoy.

    https://jukeboxtimemachine.com/2017/10/27/amsterdam-van-der-valk-and-a-lost-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great city, you're right. I hope to see more of it this time around!

      Delete
  2. Have a great time - hope to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to, and you will. We're going to see Baxter Dury at the Paradiso Club. Can't wait.

      Delete