* He was 29 when he joined Mott The Hoople.
* That's why he's 77 now - nearly as old as my dad. Just for the record, my dad was never in Mott The Hoople.
* He sings in a fake Cockney accent - hailing, as he does, from Herefordshire. That's nearly in Wales.
* His sunglasses are fixed to his head with No More Nails.
* Hunter is actually his middle name. I think it's got something to do with tax.
* He's prickly. Very prickly.
* He invented the Sex Pistols. Seriously. Listen to this if you don't believe me.
* I saw him play The Running Horse in Nottingham the day after Diana died, and he insisted on a minute's silence before the gig started.
* 'Ships', the song he wrote about his father, was recorded by Barry Manilow. I know, hard to get your head around, isn't it?
* Hunter has just released an eye watering 30 CD anthology. It's called 'Stranded in Reality'. You really should go out and buy a copy. Apart from 'Once Bitten, Twice Shy' and a booklet containing 841 photographs of him in his sunglasses (most of them taken indoors and/or at night), you'll find this favourite of mine:
Ian Hunter : Death of a Nation