Wednesday 9 March 2016

Fade to grey

Getting divorced and moving house: they say these are up there in the Top 5 most stressful things you can do. Yep, I’ll go along with that. A good friend of mine is currently going through a divorce (to be followed by the inevitable house move) and she recently told me it was so stressful she’s recently found two grey hairs on her head that weren’t there before; not having the best of memories I can’t remember how much grey I had when I parted company with the first Mrs. Medd (my hair probably looked as if I’d just painted a ceiling), but as this photograph taken yesterday shows – I think it’s too late for the Grecian 2000 now.

3 comments:

  1. I spotted my first grey hair in my very early 20's and in a knee-jerk reaction, I began using Grecian 2000. I don't know if they've changed the formula in the intervening years, but back then the product stank - that's not a judgement on the legitimacy of the concoction, I mean that it smelt as if a cat had done its business on my head for hours after every application. After a couple of months I realised that if I continued, I'd have to douse my noggin in this foul liquid for the rest of my life, so I stopped. Best decision I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my late teens/early 20s I used to use red Henna hair dye at weekends - just for the crack. But when the grey arrived, the Henna would turn the grey pink. It was time to stop. In my defence, I was just a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lovely head of grey/white hair on a man is very fetching!

    ReplyDelete