Wednesday 18 November 2015

I'm just waiting on a friend


Steve's coming up on Friday for the weekend. It's been a while since we've seen each other, but we'll pick up where we left off - nothing's so sure. A lot of tunes to listen to. A lot of beer that'll need drinking. And we'll have a lot to talk about - we always do. All the usual stuff; there may even be some new items on the agenda. You know, the sort of things that creep into conversation in the wee small hours.

Frank Sinatra: In The Wee Small Hours



The Stones: Waiting On a Friend

2 comments:

  1. I'm off to catch up with an old chum myself this weekend and there will surely be considerable imbibing involved - well, considerable for me these days anyway. Must remember to pack the ibuprofen. Have fun John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have my Dad's original of the Frank Sinatra album, he almost played it to death when he and my Mum had a " misunderstanding" when they were courting.
    It's always lovely to catch up with good friends, however long it's been since you last saw each other it just continues seamlessly like it was last weekend. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete