Saturday 21 February 2015

That's easy for you to say


It will come as no surprise to you that I speak neither fluent Chinese or Russian. Notwithstanding these two obvious handicaps, I've knocked up a couple of Beatles related pictures that, I pray, won't offend any visitors hailing from these easterly sectors*. I really hope I've nailed it and that I'm not calling my best friend's mother a whore or any other such translational f*ck-up. I was originally going for All You Need is Love, but it was way too many characters for the size of canvas. So, here are 我爱她 and И я люблю ее. I think.



* Amazing as it may seem, Russians account for 10% of my regular readership

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Google translate comes up with, 'my hovercraft is full of eels'. Are you sure you meant to say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee John,
    I don't get any pleasure out of bursting anybody else's bubble, but if you rely on Google for your stats, it's likely the Russian visitors don't even land on the page, but just send their bots around for a peek now and then. I use statcounter and the Russian, Indian and Malaysian visitors never show up because they ignore bots. Sorry . . . :-(

    ReplyDelete