Tuesday 10 August 2010

Beware of imitations

Driving home tonight and the motorway was full of the usual suspects: Volvo drivers hogging the middle lane, Eddie Stobart wagons trying to overtake rival fleet and Johnny Rep in the outside lane convinced he's going 'round the Nurburgring. Then, just as I was approaching my exit I spotted white van man sporting a familiar logo:Cracking name for a drainage company, don't you think? So for the remainder of my journey I idly thought about other variations on a theme - you can see where this is going can't you? And, they're all for real.

The Paul Weller/Jam tribute band:
The chippy:The landscaping company:

Now, if I could only find that maverick bricklayer...

8 comments:

  1. Ricky Gervais also did a 3 show series of podcasts called 'The Podfather' with 'as you would expect' logo to go with it.

    http://www.rickygervais.com/images/rgongu_podfather_front.jpg

    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's good. I'm not even going to try and compete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not far from here you can visit 'The Dogfather'
    They apparently do One 2 One, Adult classes and Ring training!!
    (Not sure I would take any pet of mine to this guy..yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I offer a couple of local variations on the theme..

    Ironing & Laundry Services - Iron Maidens.

    Vintage clothing - Threads Atomic Dustbin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't compete with any of the above!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would appear there is a Hodfather. And he's 'connected.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could there possibly be a Sleep Therapist somewhere - "The Nodfather"?

    ReplyDelete