Wednesday 28 August 2019

Pink sedan denied


I'm walking round in a daze today. How did I get it so wrong? I first heard Living Loving Maid (the one on Led Zep 2 that immediately follows Heartbreaker) over 40 years ago, and I've been convinced all this time (I would've put the house on it, really I would) that the opening line was:

'With a purple umbrella and a pink sedan'


I sing it in the shower and everything. What an idiot; I blame low quality Boots C90 cassettes. And teenage cerumen. Bloody 'fifty cent hat'.

Led Zeppelin - Living Loving Maid (1969)

5 comments:

  1. I've come across 2 songs recently that it turns out I've been singing lines of wrong- for 30 years. Too late to change now I think (and I prefer my misheard versions as well).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what you mean Adam. I still sing "She lies sleeping in a half filled bed of rice" to Dodgy's In a Room.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha - teenage cerumen indeed (had to look up that word).

    But I don't have to look up this one - Mondegreen - and yes, we all make these mistakes and will go to our graves believing our versions are the correct ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mondegreen. I had to look that up! The songs in my head, c/w *my* lyric sheets, are the definitive versions. No ifs, no buts.

      Delete
  3. To avoid overpaying on a new Nissan Sentra, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. citykia.com

    ReplyDelete