Saturday 20 April 2019

Making an exhibition of myself


A collection of my photographs is currently being exhibited at A Room Full of Butterflies in Nottingham. A big thank you to Andy Welch at the gallery; Andy thought my 'Bio' was too self deprecating, so has asked me to have another go and big myself up. We'll see.


A Room Full of Butterflies
632 Mansfield Road
Sherwood
NOTTINGHAM
NG5 2GA


P.S. 30 April 2019.

So, this is how my (revised) Bio. reads:

John Medd


John has been photographing people and places all his adult life. This collection brings together six striking images that capture the colours and textures of life in a city - and beyond. His work regularly appears in his vibrant blog - Are We There Yet? 

John lives in Sherwood, and in winter can often be seen photographing puddles. 

www.johnmedd.com

7 comments:

  1. Fab, John. Hope it all goes really well. Looks like a lovely gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C! Yes, it's a great little place: spread over two floors and a lovely café too.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations John. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TS. I like them, I must admit. But then I would say that wouldn't I?

      Delete
  3. That's wonderful - I recognise a few of those from your blog and they were definitely well received here. They look great in a gallery, all beautifully framed an' all. Hope it does well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyson. Yep, a couple of them have appeared in back issues.

      Delete