Thursday 11 April 2019

Jazzy, Sunny, Hypnotic & Bonkers*


I don't own many perfect albums. I'm not even sure if such a thing exists; most Beatles albums have a Ringo track on there somewhere, and Bowie could have his moments too. But Lemon Jelly's Lost Horizons is as close, I think, as you can get. Which means I can play it from start to finish without thinking once about reaching for the remote. I bet there's not many albums you can do that with; not if you're totally honest with yourself. This is the second track this week from Lemon Jelly's debut album from 2002, which, as today's post title tells you is, according to one reviewer, all these* things; in the words of Annie Lennox - who am I to disagree?

And it's something of an anthem at Medd Towers. I'm gonna play you the children's song it was sampled from first, and then drop the real thing in. I hope you like them both.

John Langstaff - All the Ducks


Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather for Ducks

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I really appreciate you quality work. Keep going. I am following you because of great thoughts. Thanks for sharing such a nice information. best ice shaver

    ReplyDelete