Sunday 3 February 2019

Rock and Roll

Nat 'Wing Back' Maon
Back in December I said that I'd started playing a stripped down version of Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll.

And in the October I speculated about my next batch of recordings - in particular my desire to bag the services of Nathaniel Mason, the finest banjo player this side of the Trent.

So, on Thursday just gone, Nat came over for a spot of supper and a bit of a play. We ran through a few songs together, one of them being the aforementioned Rock and Roll. After playing it once thru we had a feel for which way it was going. On the second time, it sounded a bit like this:

The next time we play it will be in a couple of weeks at the Running Horse in Nottingham. Led Zeppelin fans may well be washing their hair that night.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - Glad your included the links to the previous two posts as could listen to it in context. As you can probably guess I was never a great Led Zeppelin fan but I will acknowledge this is a classic from them. Your simple pared down version was a great homage. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like them; a little, anyway. Give Led Zep 2 a blast...

      Delete