Wednesday 12 December 2018

Birds of a Feather


There follows not a single reference to Brexit (Hard or Soft), Backstops or Theresa Fucking May 

References to my Gaelic roots are dotted all over this blog. Without this maternal streak of Irishness running thru me, James couldn't have applied for his dual nationality, and I probably wouldn't spend as much time as I do shouting 'FECK!', 'DRINK!' and 'That would be an Ecumenical matter' at the drop of a tricolour hat. Nor would I spend so long listening to RTÉ Radio. In particular John Creedon's excellent midweek show which goes out live from Cork every night between 8:00 and 10:00 on RTÉ Radio 1. Take a peek at some of his recent playlists. Tasty aren't they?

He played a song by Declan O'Rourke last night that I'd never heard before, and I fell in love with it instantly.

Declan O'Rourke - Birds of a Feather (2004)


No comments:

Post a Comment