Monday 5 November 2018

To Be A Lover

Image result for to be a lover

I've noticed lately that a number of blogs I read on a regular basis have given over their Monday editions to a feature called Monday Long Song.*

I won't even begin to insult your intelligence by breaking that down for you; suffice it to say that a great song written by Booker T Jones c.1969 and given many makeovers thereafter (not least by Billy Idol in the mid 80s) was, for me, really brought to life back in 1977 when reggae singer George Faith agreed to record it for Lee 'Scratch' Perry. Easy now.

George Faith - To Be A Lover (Four seconds shy of 10 minutes)


* Including my good friend The Swede

2 comments:

  1. Blissful selection John. I'm not sure how long I can actually sustain my own involvement in this series without resorting to a weekly diet of prog or jazz ('Karn Evil 9' is a distinct possibility), but I'm thoroughly enjoying everyone's contributions. 'To Be a Lover' is right up there with the best of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TS - It’s just so plaintive isn’t it? Tugs at every emotion...

      Delete