Sunday 11 November 2018

The Future's Bright



Q. What have David Hepworth's latest book Nothing is Real (The Beatles Were Underrated and Other Sweeping Statements About Pop) and my friend Heidi's recent visit to London got in common?

A. As you can see Hepworth's latest tome (his third) once again comes with, like its predecessors
1971 and Uncommon People, a striking orange themed dust-jacket.

And when Heidi was in the capital this weekend she took this splendid photograph of a rather dapper individual on the tube; kitted out, from head to foot (quite literally) in, er, orange.

Image result for ral orange
For exact colour matching purposes, I've included the RAL swatch for all your Orange needs.

Everything from Donald Trump's skin tone to X-Ray Spex's The Day the World Turned Dayglo.

The future's bright, the future's RAL 2004.

With thanks to Heidi




CORRECTION 13.11.18

Oops! - I don't do F**ebook, so when I was sent this tube photo I thought it was a photograph Heidi had taken; turns out it was Piley. Heidi/Piley; Piley/Heidi. See what I did there. Sorry both!

4 comments:

  1. The perfect soundtrack for this post would be Aquarius by Boards of Canada with the distinctive "orange" lyric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know it Chris, but I will dig it out - thank you.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't matter how hard I try, the stories I keep writing for this course I'm doing keep revolving around grey dystopian futures. I really need to get a grip - The future needs to be bright, it needs to be orange!

    ReplyDelete