Sunday 25 November 2018

Diamonds are Forever



I drove to Hull today and spent some quality time with my Auntie Margaret and Uncle Brian. I can't believe they celebrated their Diamond Wedding Anniversary earlier this year, but celebrate it they did, even receiving a signed card from our reigning Monarch. Around the time this photo was taken I remember Brian, an electrician by trade, building me a bespoke external speaker for my tinny portable cassette player - giving it much needed Oomph! Their friends recently found the 70s snap, blew it up, framed it and gave it to them as a gift on their big day.  It's such a spontaneous photograph, I love it. 

David Ari Leon - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

2 comments:

  1. Aww, 60 years! Fantastic and heartwarming, great pic. Mr SDS and I celebrated ours today... just over half that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations C! Are you going out parading? I hope so!

      Delete