Wednesday 7 November 2018

Cold Tea

Image result for wah wahA conversation in the pub tonight took me back to a time when home taping, far from killing music, kept two overgrown schoolboys sane for much of the 90s & indeed the noughties.
One mixtape I did for Steve was two sides of a C90 rammed with wah wah tunes. And for the life of me I can't remember what I put on there. Except this - this definitely opened proceedings:


Dodgy - Cold Tea (1993) 



Be careful whee you tread
You don't want to do any harm

5 comments:

  1. Let’s not forget King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut!
    Good to see that Dodgy are *STILL* good enough for you! Greetings from Melbourne where I have been hiding from you for 11 years and then some. And NOT the one in Derbyshire..... fact is, you sprang to mind yesterday as I watched this excellent clip.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWQptqS75s. Not much Wah-Wah in their best work but who’s crying about that. I’m just changing the fork oil on the Harley in my garage to the sound of “Pickering Place”. Good work fella. Regards!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLOODY HELL DAVID!! How the hell are you? Email me: john@johnmedd.com

      Delete
  2. Great theme for a mixtape. Mr SDS and I have just been musing over it and feel sure you must have included Jimi Hendrix 'Still Raining Still Dreaming'...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS And Cold Tea is pure class... thanks.

      Delete
    2. No, it wasn't on there; not a huge Hendrix fan tbh. I'll have to start a new playlist from scratch and see if it jogs my (shaky) memory.

      Cold Tea gets me every time.

      Delete