Thursday 9 November 2017

'I'd Like That'


My friend Emma* has recently taken delivery of a new bicycle. She's loving the open road, but is scared stiff she can't see a thing behind her. 'Get a mirror' I said. You always need to know who's behind you. Always.

My sad excuse for a bike, on the other hand, is lurking at the back of the garage somewhere; unloved and unkempt, sporting two perished tyres and a rusty chain. I can't remember the last time I donned the yellow shirt, lycra bottoms and Day-Glo bike clips. Maybe this is the answer: draw a cartoon of myself on the window of a New York cab and roll the film.

How good is this btw?


*No, not that Emma - Em's far too busy being mummy to the most beautiful baby in the world. 

XTC - I'd Like That

2 comments:

  1. Very good - That's some speed he's at! Good song as well.

    You have the knack of writing an interesting and entertaining blog post in less than 135 words (I checked) - Will have to master being as succinct as mine end up being far too long and take all day to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A - It's all about brevity. I quite simply don't have the time to spend all day writing these things; I get an idea and Boom - I splurge it onto the screen! It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but, you know what, I don't give a flying wotsit.

      Delete