Sunday 8 October 2017

M is for Macca


In a perfect world my house would be adorned with Morgan Howell's artwork. If you're not familiar with the name, I'm sure you've seen his Super Size Art all over the place. His depiction of vintage record sleeves is frighteningly  real - right down to every last tear, crease and crumple.

Back in January 2014 I asked Morgan if he wouldn't mind doing a quick Q&A for my blog. Four years later and I was knocking on his front door again. 'You know this Swedey McSwedeface craze that's sweeping the nation?' I asked...

Fair play to Morgan, he embraced the project both willingly and enthusiastically. I extend my warmest thanks to him. Again.




"I was a Beatles obsessive as a child and they had split by the time I was 5. So I reckon it would have been Wings Band on the Run. Not very cool, but hey. And yes I still have it."

Macca: Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five



4 comments:

  1. Holy moly! I'm a big fan of Morgan's work, so this is very cool indeed. I was hoping to get down to his and Horace Panter's Cassette Versus Vinyl exhibit at the Old Truman Brewery in a couple of weeks, but alas it's looking increasingly unlikely that I'll be able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. He's a good egg isn't he? He says Band on the Run is not a cool record; I'd have to disagree.

      How long is the exhibition running for?

      Delete
  2. It's on from 19th-25th October, check out Morgan's Instagram feed for more details and shots of the show's recent visit to Dublin.
    'Band on the Run' not a cool record? He might have gone down in my estimation just a tad.

    ReplyDelete