Monday 19 June 2017

She's Having a Baby

It's taken a little over two weeks. OK, nearly three. Whatever; I've written my first song since making the move south earlier this month. And it's upbeat. Really upbeat!
The inspiration? My friend Em: she's having a baby. I've watched her bump grow every day over the last few months. She's gonna make a great mum. We go for a walk every lunchtime; I hold her hand when we cross the road (after looking right and left and right again) - I just want her to be safe.
I'll probably play 'She's Having a Baby' for her next week before I leave to take up my new position. I'm moving on to pastures new, but the next time I see Em the song will be redundant.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely for Em to have a song written for her. Hope she's doing OK in this heat, must be even more uncomfortable - all the best to Em.
    Good luck with your new pastures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma is absolutely radiant. However, 34 degrees and pregnant is not a good combination!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely thing to have at such a pivotal point in her life - A song she will be able to share with baby once baby is all grown up and no longer a baby Good luck with the new pastures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm playing it for her next Wednesday - it should be a good test of our friendship!

      Delete