Saturday 13 May 2017

This is where it's at

I know I'm being a tad premature here, but I'm calling my single of the year; if something better comes along within the next seven months then there's every chance Hell will have frozen over.
What I know about The Tates wouldn't get your hair cut: the lead singer works in a record shop (naturally), and the drummer keeps a pet hamster. And they're from Wales.

Did I mention this is their debut single? Talk about setting the bar high. This is where it's at (something I feel sure I would have said if I were twenty years younger).



The Tates - Electric Girl.

6 comments:

  1. I like this, thanks - very current, classy pop, the voice made me think a bit of the vocalist from Swedish House Mafia's 'Don't You Worry Child' and I can imagine this could do just as well.
    Will have to remember - I heard it here first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so bloody infectious! And, yes, classy.

      Delete
  2. Is this being used on an advert on youtube? The first five seconds of it sounded very familiar as though I'd heard it again and again before hitting the skip button.

    The rest of it was pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got me there; I haven't got a Danny.

      Delete