Saturday 22 October 2016

Unnerving


I'll admit it, horror films still scare the crap out of me. If I lived on my own I don't even think I could watch one at three o'clock in the afternoon with the sun streaming in through the windows; let alone after dark, with the lights turned out.

'Tango' is a short film. It's a surreal film, not a horror film by any stretch of the imagination. But a very intimidating film, nonetheless. It's also, for some inexplicable reason, a film I come back to time and again. And, when I do, I feel ever so slightly uncomfortable. It unnerves me.

3 comments:

  1. A few years ago I was a mature student doing my illustration MA, during which we were shown a short and unique little film which haunted me for a while. Thoughts of it faded over the years as these things do. But just recently I had a burning desire to see it again - only how on earth could I track it down? I couldn't recall its title, or its creator, all I could remember that it was an Eastern European name, and that it was all set in one room. The room was vivid, and I could have described it to you, but putting that into Google with no other info, even when worded in a variety of ways, didn't get me very far. Well, it didn't get me anywhere at all.
    You know by now, that this is the film.
    Bloody hell.
    Thank you, John, THANK YOU!

    By the way, this film was also part of my studies, and may appeal to you too if you've not seen it before:
    https://vimeo.com/19909066

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! It is a mini masterpiece, isn't it?

      The other film is, literally, beautiful.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete