Thursday 4 February 2016

Run For Me

'Let's ballad'
I found myself in Sheffield today. That's to say I was driven there, not that Scotty miraculously locked-on to my coordinates and beamed me up in the middle of S1. Sheffield is one of those sprawling cities that quietly goes about its business without feeling the need to tell the whole world and his dog what they're up to. I like that in a place.
Being chauffeured, I had absolutely no idea where we were going, but, seemingly, every bus and tram that I saw coming towards us was a Richard Hawley album cover. This is probably as good a place as any to tell you that I once fell asleep during a Hawley gig (comfy seats, a belly full of beer and a warm theatre - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). Yet, despite my snoring in the stalls just minutes after South Yorkshire's finest walked on stage and said 'Let's ballad', I really do like his songs: especially this one.

Richard Hawley: Run For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment