Wednesday 10 February 2016

Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't've fallen in love with?

See 17.9
When I was seventeen:

17.1 - Jim Callaghan was Prime Minister and Labour wasn't working

17.2 - I was learning to drive in a Vauxhall Viva Rockbox

17.3 - I pretended I didn't like Emerson Lake and Palmer

17.4 - Ditto Neil Sedaka

17.5 - I was still trying to master the art of unclasping a girl’s bra with one hand

17.6 - I met Bob Geldof

17.7 - I convinced Simon Rigg that I had a sister

17.8 - I was wearing button down shirts, drainpipes and my trusty donkey jacket

Frank Sinatra - It Was A Very Good Year (When I was Seventeen)


17.9 - Debbie Harry was fit

17.10 - I thought that Blue Stratos was the last word in men’s toiletries

17.11 - I was growing tired of Top of the Pops

17.12 - I was making a date with John Peel every weekday night between 10 and 12

17.13 - I'd not long left school

17.14 - I didn't shower every day, but I was the proud owner of soap on a rope

17.15 - I was kidding myself that when I was stood at the bar of The Beehive I looked eighteen

17.16 - Paul McCartney got busted for drugs and John Lennon hadn't got much time left

17.17 - I went to see The Buzzcocks live for the first time. And they played this:

The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love

No comments:

Post a Comment