Sunday 13 December 2015

Old Toy Trains


Quality Street. Not just a tin of chocolates that comes into the house but once a year, but also the title of Nick Lowe's festive album from 2013.

It's been playing in the car all week and may well be the soundtrack to this afternoon's decorating of the tree. I'll have to run it by the committee first, of course. The tree is traditionally decked with Dean Martin 'Live at the Sands' playing in the background, but as we're a week early (James is here this weekend, not next), it may be time to ring in the changes. I am, however, expecting stiff opposition.

Maybe they'll let me play both?


Nick Lowe - Old Toy Trains (2013)



 


16 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a Christmas album man myself, but the more I hear of Nick Lowe's seasonal effort, the more I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TS - You may wonder why it's taken me nearly six years to respond to your comment, but it appears I've been rickrolled. A belated Happy Christmas to you!

      Delete
  2. Small children have a tendency to put things in their mouth. Toys that contain small parts are a serious chocking hazard and should not be selected. Spreader Bars

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny from Brisbane - what can I say? It surprised me too, truth be known. G'day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're pushing at an open door, Marie! Kick out the Webmasters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say, John? I'm glad you like what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Williams Ryme: I hate to break it to you, but you're a knob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Wilfred. I must insist on ¢7,000.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See above. Failing that, Wilfred, fuck off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have an old car, it’s probably a drag on your life and your finances. There are so many problems with older cars that it quickly becomes inefficient to try to keep them running, and sooner or later, you find it taking up space as it sits unused in your driveway. In that case, you should consider scrapping the car. Most cars that are scrapped are stripped of the high-quality parts, and then the metal is all recycled. There are plenty of benefits to scrapping your car, on top of simply not having to repair the car anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. langhals dinosaurier When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.

    ReplyDelete