Tuesday 1 April 2014

I'll get my coat


It's the winter of 1976 and there's a positive nip in the air. You could even call it Derby Road. Time to dress for the Tundra. Back then you had three choices - four including John Collier: Burtons, if you were feeling flush; Army & Navy Stores, if you weren't, and Kays Catalogue. Good old Kays Catalogue: if you bought a coat in December '76, and availed yourself of their easy payment plan, there's every chance you'd have owned it outright before the onset of the eighties.

That's what Foreigner did. Looks like they bought matching luggage too.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I ADORE long, big collared, double breasted coats! I could be just about anybody's if they were wearing the right coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.
    movie jackets

    ReplyDelete