Monday 24 December 2012

Forget me not


If you never received a Christmas card from us this year, please don't get bent out of shape. We've only just got straight after moving house and writing cards wasn't exactly our number one priority.

But if you did, I'd like to think that we would have at least put your name(s) in the card and, maybe, even a little note personal to you.

Anyway, normal service will, I hope (if the fates allow) be resumed come Christmas 2013. And, anyway, I might surprise you by sending you a postcard before then. I may even ring you.

Happy holidays.

5 comments:

  1. A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours John

    Enjoy the festive season, ho ho ho and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've forgotten what normal service is!!anyway a happy christmas to you and yours...from the potters house !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having Happy Festive Times in your new home already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't send cards this year, either. I moved house, like you, (although that was in 2011, so I suppose that doesn't count). I did make this, though: A Drake's Progress: Learned
    Hope you and your family had a great Christmas, John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all; this post was meant as a veiled dig at someone who, short of putting their card through the franking machine at work, couldn't have made our card less personal. But we did speak on the 'phone later and my earlier anger dissipated. That's Christmas for you.

    ReplyDelete