Saturday 7 May 2011

You can call me Jöhn


It's the little things in life. Today, I discovered the umlaut key on my Mac keyboard. What joy! You may wonder how this will make me a more upright and rounded individual. And you wouldn't be in a party of one. But it now means that I can type the names of many bands (most, though not all, from the metal fraternity) with their correct handle. You know the ones: Motörhead, Blue Öyster Cult, Maxïmo Park. It also means that I can wind my good friend Löst Jimmy up by telling him I really enjoyed Goblin's difficult third album: Teäsmade.

Before I get my coat, I'll leave you with this tïmeless clässic:

8 comments:

  1. I wöuldn't have it any öther way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Spinal Tap put it on the n! Of course, my Mac won't allow such silliness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never got accents... have another letter like the Welsh even if that is two other letters tied together

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all ön yer löwly IBM keyböard töö Jöhn, just a bit trickier tö use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to have to change the way you talk now John!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a winner: http://www.theonion.com/articles/united-states-toughens-image-with-umlauts,4230/

    ReplyDelete